The most common question we are asked is, "How long does this process take?". On average,
it takes 4-5 weeks from start to finish. However, the length of time ultimately
depends on how quickly we can generate the final quote, how long it takes
you to get us materials, and how responsive you are to our calls for input
and revisions. It also depends on how involved your project is. A $2,000
web site takes much less time than a $10,000 website, and we've done both
extremes and everything in between.
The design process follows this basic flow:
- Free, one-hour consultation between sales representative and customer (if
more time is needed, consultation is billed at $65/hr).
- Customer quote is generated and approval is sought.
- Customer responds to proposal within one (1) week's time.
- Upon approval, customer sends 50% of quoted amount, signed copy of quote
and all materials needed to build the site.
- When materials arrive, the work is scheduled within the framework of our
existing work load.
- Generation of the "prototype" can take 1 to 2 weeks.
- Upon completion of the prototype, the customer is asked for approval of
the intial shell. This stage should take no longer than one (1) week.
- Customer "signs off" on the shell, and designer proceeds with rest of site
- Designer contacts customer and asks for final revisions.
- Customer submits revisions to the designer.
- Designer makes all corrections and "final posts" the site.
- Customer is billed for remainder of the original quote, account is finalized
and the site is considered "live".